9.15.2009

Felted Totebag :: It's Finally Finished

I'm so happy to have finally finished this totebag (more the size of a purse, actually).  I cast on in June during our vacation, and got lots of quality knitting time in the car.  Then it hibernated in a drawer for many days because I was too lazy to sew in all of the ends left from the stripes.  I made a pact with myself to finish up a few of my unfinished projects before I started the Fiddlehead Mittens. So I finally pulled it back out and started weaving in ends.  Then a short 22 minutes of felting later, it was complete.  Still waiting for it to be completely dry, but I love the way it turned out.  I can't wait to use this on our long weekend to the wine country in a couple of weeks.

By the way, I did go ahead and cast on the Fiddleheads last night.  I managed to find a great combination of colors in my stash - so proud of myself for not buying new yarn.  The yarn that I'm using is slightly less fuzzy (it's a merino instead of an alpaca blend).  So the mittens might not be quite as fuzzy, but they will be washable which I like!

1 comment:

Susan W said...

That bag is the coolest thing ever Sara! I love it...kudos to you :) I never have had the follow through with knitting. Other than one laborious scarf I made for Jim, I haven't had the gumption to really knit much. I love seeing your projects (and your beautiful boys)