10.03.2005

He's so tired he can practically speak

Last Thursday Alex started saying "Mamamamamama..." and "Babababababa...." He is not, of course, saying actual words, but it's still so amazing to see vocal developments happen right before your eyes. The only time of day he says "mamamama" is when he is so tired that he can barely keep his eyes open. This is also the time of day that he will snuggle his head into my neck and curl himself into the tightest ball possible in my arms. There is nothing more heartwarming than a warm little boy drifting off to sleep in your arms while saying "mamamama." I know one day I will cringe at the sound of my name because it will be followed by "He's hitting me," or "Can I have some money." For now though, it is the sweetest sound I can think of.

No comments: