5.18.2005

Wine at Walmart? and The Boy Loves Funk

I found this on another blog this morning. I love #6 and #9!

Wal-Mart recently announced that they will soon be offering customers a new discount item:Wal-Mart's own brand of wine. The world's largest retail chain is teaming up with E & J Gallo Winery of California to produce the spirits at an affordable $2.00 ~ 2.50 price range.

Wine connoisseurs may not be inclined to throw a bottle of Wal-Mart brand into their shopping carts, but "there is a market for cheap wine", said Kathy Micken, professor of marketing. "But the right name is important."Customer surveys were conducted to determine the most attractive name for the Wal-Mart brand.

The top surveyed names in order of popularity are:
10. Chateau Traileur Parc
9. White Trashfindel
8. Big Red Gulp
7. World Championship Riesling
6. NASCARbernet
5. Chef Boyardeaux
4. Peanut Noir
3. I Can't Believe It's Not Vinegar!
2. Grape Expectations
And the number 1 name for Wal-Mart Wine: Nasti Spumante

The beauty of Wal-Mart wine is that it can be served with either white meat (Possum) or red meat (Squirrel).

Ah, Walmart. Capitalism at its finest. Although, I'm embarrassed to say that they do have cheap diapers, so I've been shopping there recently. When your 7-week old has an under-the-table deal with Pampers, you'll shop wherever you can to save a buck.

Speaking of Cranky Pants, Angel Face (the list goes on and on). Alex slept 5.5 hours between feedings last night. I'm hoping that we're back on a longer nighttime schedule again. After three nights of long stretches, I was beginning to feel like the milkmaid with her spilled pail when Alex went back to three hours. I know I shouldn't be complaining about three hour stretches, but those extra couple hours of sleep do wonders for my morning mood.

He's been smiling (social smiling) a lot recently. It melts my heart to see how much Kevin loves to be rewarded with those smiles. I almost got a laugh yesterday too. The newest diaper changing dance, "Elmo's on Your Belly," was apparently a big hit! I'll have to keep trying to see if maybe Big Bird or Ernie are a little more worthy of laughs. The dances to Brickhouse and Carwash while making dinner last night were pretty popular too.

No comments: