5.20.2005

Is this plant asexual?

Yesterday morning Alex and I went to the nurseries with my mom. Tatonka was amazing. A bit overpriced if you ask me, but the flowers were the biggest, brightest and healthiest that I've ever seen. And they grow everything from cuttings on site. Check out their website. Since my diaper fund has cut into my gardening fund, I didn't buy anything there. Just soaking in all of the wonderful colors and scents was worth it though.

Then it was off to the newly re-opened Evergreen Garden Center. Their website doesn't do them justice. They have a great selection of annuals and perennials. Although as we arrived the truck was making a delivery. Good for us because the selection was immense, but it reconfirms that there are so few truly local places left anymore. I bought this amazing Wandering Jew.

Always the dilligent researcher, I spent several hours trying to figure out how to propagate cuttings from this thing. I now have a plastic cup filled with cuttings. Amazing that roots can grow in just a cup of water. I'll provide updates on the progress.

No comments: