5.26.2005

Ouch that hurts!

Alex had his two month check-up today. I can't believe how big he's getting -- 10 lbs, 15.5 oz. My little boy will weigh 11 lbs. by this afternoon. So, mom and baby suffered through five shots at the doctor. I think the suffering is worse for me than for him. He's obviously the one who endures the pricks in his legs, but I have to endure my little boy in pain. And so far in my life, there's no greater hurt than that. But we both emerged relatively unscathed. Nothing a little children's Tylenol couldn't fix. Those sore little legs sure made him a cranky baby this afternoon though. We don't realize how easygoing he is until something makes him truly cranky. I've discovered the wonderful thing about cranky is it's a great excuse for a nap together on the couch. Very little beats curling up next to the little guy for an afternoon slumber.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy holidays!