5.16.2005

Why a Blog?

I always swore that I would never succumb to the blog craze -- it seems so trendy and fairly ephemeral -- in that a new hobby will come along for techno-geeks next week. But I must admit that I do love reading them. I suppose it's my voyeuristic side. You can gain surprising insight into your friends and acquaintances by reading what they publish. I've also learned a lot about the development of life in the 21st century simply by reading the blogs of strangers. So, here I find myself with my own blog.

I've been having a little cabin fever lately. Alex (my first child) was born six weeks ago, and I'm officially a stay-at-home mom. I thought I'd find great comfort in dutifully fulfilling the role of homemaker after all these years of letting Kevin (my wonderful husband) carry the brunt of those duties. He works from home. Although he's very busy with his sales job, he was always the one with the flexibility to keep the house running (errands, etc.) But, I'm craving social stimulation and validation as my days have been reduced to burp cloths and rattles in the shape of monkeys.

I'm thinking that a place to daily record my thoughts will give me an excuse to get in touch with my own ever-changing psyche as well as the push that I need to start writing again. So, here goes! Desperately seeking sanity through my own words and musings. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interested. Keep Blogging!