7.13.2005

...except...

All in all we couldn't have asked for a better trip except I seem to have come home with a cold. I don't know if pre-natal vitamins are the greatest immunity invention ever or if I've just been really lucky. But, I haven't been sick since before I got pregnant last July. In fact I don't think that I have been sick since April of 2004. Wow!

The cold is not a huge deal. It's nothing that a few days in bed and some cold medicine can't help. What you quickly realize is that cold medicine and breast feeding are not the best of friends. I can't find anything on the "acceptable" list of medicine that will blast a head cold and be safe for Alex. Turns out that Pseudo-ephedrine, the main ingredient in all nasal decongestants is not recommended if you're breast feeding. If I was achey or had a bad cough, I'd be in the clear. But you don't want to get a sinus-type cold if you can avoid it.

For now I'll just carry my box of Kleenex around and hope that Alex and Kevin don't get sick too. Wish me luck.

No comments: